The leading free English dictionary is back with a new sleeker and more intuitive design, it’s called the Oxford Dictionary of English and the amazing features that make it extraordinary are listed below.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES
- The very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings.
- With tens of thousands of regionally specific entries The Oxford Dictionary of English reflects the unique richness and global adaptability of English.
- Have the strength of The Oxford English Corpus’ research excellence at your finger tips.
- 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations (Premium only)
- With a new addition and convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
The Oxford Dictionary of English is the mobile version of the Oxford University Press’ Oxford English Dictionary, widely accepted as one of the highest authorities in the study of English with more than a 150 years of research behind it. Regarded as one of the flagship products in MobiSystems’ large catalog of dictionaries the app features advanced search and language tools designed by a developer vastly experienced in the creation of dictionaries and learning tools.
Tailored to professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English at work or at home.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience the dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for, including:
- Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
- Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
- Looking for a specific word but don’t know how it’s spelled? We’ve got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
- Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
- Use our Voice search when you don’t know how an entry is spelled
- Share word definitions via installed apps on your device