Kodi media center is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs) and many other gadgets. It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room with a remote control as the primary input device. Its GUI graphical user interface allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF ABOUT KODI:
The app’s Official version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location such as DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. Any other means of watching illegal content which would otherwise be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
It uses Estuary which is a new standard skin and is designed to be fast and user friendly.
With Estouchy skin, Kodi has been enhanced to better work with phones with large screens such as tablets. Also note that Kodi may not work well with small phones.
- This software app does not supply or include any media or content.
- Users must provide their own content or install one of the third party plug-ins
- It has no affiliation with any third-part plug-in or add-on provider what so ever.
- Neither do it endorse the streaming of copyright protected material without permission of the copyright holder.
- In order to upgrade from a previous version you must have installed an official released version by Team Kodi. Any other version may cause failure to upgrade.